POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta28 refuses to install over earlier beta on WinXP : Beta28 refuses to install over earlier beta on WinXP Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Beta28 refuses to install over earlier beta on WinXP
From: Rarius
Date: 2 Sep 2008 18:18:32
Message: <48bdbbb8$1@news.povray.org>
I have PovRay 3.6.1c installed with the 3.7beta27 installed.

When I tried to run the beta28 MSI installer it refused saying
    "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of
this version cannot
    continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product
use Add/Remove
    Programs on the Control Panel"...

I understand that the installer is beta too, but is this

I install PovRay into a seperate directory outside Program Files and its
taken me ages to get it just the way I want it and I would rather not have
to uninstall to be able to install the latest beta!  The 3.7 betas have been
very useful (especially thr multithreading) and I would love to continue
using the new ones as they come out, but until I can install it I'll have to
wait patiently.

Rarius